Thursday, March 27, 2014

Quilters of Mexico

View from my hotel in Mexico City


I arrived in my hometown after being in Mexico city for the Patchwork and Quilt Expo 2014. It was really great to meet old friends and make new ones. The quilt exhibit had beautiful quilts, the theme being "Flowers of México" I'm sure it was a challenge for the juror, Pam Holland, to pick the winners.  I did not participate in the contest part but I did have a quilt in the general exhibit. It won viewer's choice! The prize: an iron, ruler and cutting mat, certainly  a quilters necessity.

Here is Eduardo Ramirez Cato, one of the Expo organizers giving me the prize!



I also taught a couple of classes. I love my Mexican students, they are so enthusiastic!  I am looking forward to next year's exhibit. See you in 2015 México city.

Martha Tsihlas, Carolina Flores, Eduardo Ramirez, Pam Holland at Parque España

No comments: